Posted: 09/09/16 | Location: Liverpool | Reporting to: Solution Architect
The junior C++ Software Developer will design, develop, test and integrate solutions as part of an interactive team. Provide innovative ideas and techniques to the team and following solid programming practice
- Full software development lifecycle experience
- Work closely with business managers, Technical Lead to develop application solutions.
- Write great documentation and provide ample “testability”.
- Communicate constantly, usefully, and precisely.
- Provide the Project Manager with reliable estimates for technical work and review risk lists for completeness and accuracy.
- Work with the QA to ensure timelines are met.
- Supporting operations team.
- Deliver high-quality components that meet all project requirements.
- 1+ year(s) in C++, Linux development
- Skilled in STL, template and design pattern use.
- Database skills, specifically with PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of other languages (Perl, PHP), Web services (Axis2, GSOAP)
- Knowledge of version control tools (e.g. CVS, SVN, GIT)
- Knowledge of Makefile, IDE, Linux editors/tools
- XML messaging systems
- Use of boost libraries
- Qt development skills, GUI design
- C++ Debugging Skills
- Experience with multi-threading and TCP / socket programming
- Experience developing C++ applications.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in Test Driven Development.
- Experience with Agile, Lean Software Development
- A passion for organized, high-speed development.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and with limited supervision.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.