Posted: 14/09/16 | Area: Merseyside
Stanleybet was initially formed as the international arm of Stanley Leisure Plc, one of the biggest retail Betting operations in the UK. Following the sale of the UK business by Stanley Leisure, Stanleybet became a Private Company in 2007, with the key directive of building and growing a retail betting business in Europe. Although still based in Liverpool, Stanleybet has grown to be one of the largest retail operators in Europe with over 2,000 outlets in 7 Countries.
There is now an exciting opportunity to be part of our team. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering the overall performance of the shop. You will manage a team of staff, ensuring that all company policies and processes are followed. Previous experience of working in a management role and knowledge and understanding of the Betting Shop product are also crucial to ensure success in this role.
- As a Stanleybet Betting Shop Manager you will be responsible for building customer relationships in order to create a relaxing shop atmosphere and maintain customer loyalty.
- You will conduct regular reviews of customer activity, and identify clear strategies for managing customer expectation along with a focus on increasing both margin and customer profitability.
Managing Shop Team
- Manage shop rota’s to ensure continuity of service to the customer.
- Managing performance of all shop staff, encouraging teamwork and promoting Stanleybet loyalty.
- Responsible for on-the-job training of shop staff
- To work with and respond to Group HR requests and requirements and ensure that all policies and procedures
Running a Stanleybet Shop
- Manage all controllable costs within your agreed shop budget.
- To ensure that racing papers are displayed in the shop before opening
- Ensuring that the shop is safe, tidy and clean to increase comfort of customers
- Monitoring stock levels of slips and stationery in the shop.
- Taking part in promotions and promoting the business locally.
- Displaying marketing materials in order to actively promote the Stanleybet brand.
- To assist Marketing Department in promotional activities, designed to increase shop profitability
- Monitor competitor activity.
- Responsible for all in shop security, including recognizing betting patterns, monitoring, and logging customer business as required.
- Maintenance of shop technical equipment, and responsibility to report faults immediately to the service provider to ensure continuity of service.
- Take all possible steps to provide a safe working environment to comply with the law and with Company policy.
- Regularly audit the working environment to ensure full compliance with health & safety standards.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Hours per week: 40
Salary: Competitive Benefits Package