Posted: 09/09/16 | Location: Liverpool | Reporting to: Trading Tools Lead Developer / Senior Front-End Developer
- Developing accessible and semantic HTML/CSS/JS, on a huge variety of large web applications across desktop, mobile, tablet and touch screen platforms to enhance the User interface and experience.
- Implementing object-oriented code to enhance the User Experience and User Interface.
- Work within an agile, cross-functional team taking responsibility for the development team deliverables, quality and best practice.
- Assist the agile team to convert user stories into workable sprint tasks.
- Understand the impact changes will have on load and performance
- Actively promote and ensure compliance to web standards, W3C validation and progressive enhancement.
- Strong user experience skill set including strategy, information architecture, and design aesthetic
- Guide and mentor within the team and provide feedback to the line manages around performance and reviews.
- Educate the creative teams to ensure their design do not adversely affects the sites performance/scalability
Knowledge, Attributes, Skills & Experience
- Proficient with HTML, HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient with PHP, SQL query writing and optimisation techniques.
- Experience with controllers, views & models at UI level
- Experience developing responsive design for desktop, tablet and mobile viewports.
- Experience with version control eg. Subversion or GIT. (Desirable)
Knowledge and experience:
- Solid and extensive coding experience in a commercial environment.
- Queries and analysis on large data sets
- Experience implementing cross-browser development and progressive enhancement
- Extensive Agile development practices
- Experience with a Postgres database
- Working knowledge of version control
- Implementation of mainstream development frameworks and design patterns.
- Experience with Front-end unit testing such as Jasmine and Grunt
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to establish positive relationships with employees at all levels of the business as well as external partners.
- Resilient, approachable with the ability to work successfully in a dynamic, fast paced pan –european environment.
- Ability to operate as a team player, with a flexible and positive attitude.
- Always operates with the highest levels of honesty, integrity and fidelity, acting in the best interest of the business at all times.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, effectively prioritise and deliver to a high standard whilst under pressure.