COMPANY / BRAND: Magellan Robotech
REPORTS TO: Head of Product Design and UX
LOCATION: Liverpool, City Centre
SALARY: Dependent on Experience
JOB TYPES: Full-time, Permanent
We are looking for a UX / UI Designer to join a multi-skilled team, developing our gaming products. The ideal candidate will live and breathe UI design and user interaction, be experienced in designing rich interactive interfaces or data-driven applications and be proficient in the latest design and prototyping software. You will be working alongside designers and developers as part of the product design and development team.
We are looking for a hard-working individual who can fit into our current team. They must have a thirst for the latest developments within UX and instil that attitude within their team.
We use the latest technologies, architectures and working styles to deliver an intuitive and responsive product on a multitude of platforms, including desktop, tablet and mobile viewports. We value cross-browser development and progressive enhancement.
In addition to our online platform, our estate comprises products of all types, ranging from Retail Kiosks and Screens to Native Mobile Apps and third-party integrations.
OUR TOOL SET
Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Zeplin, In-Vision, Figma, Proto Pie and Proto.io
KNOWLEDGE, ATTRIBUTES, SKILLS
- 3 or more years experience in software, app or web design.
- Strong portfolio to be presented and during the interview.
- Experience using design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience using prototype tools such as In-Vision, Proto-Pie, Proto.io, Principle or Marvel.
- Experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience designing for responsive viewports; desktop, tablet and mobile and apps.
- Proficiency within web compliance and standards, W3C validation and progressive enhancement.
- Proficiency within user research, usability testing, card sorting exercises, focus groups and analytical analysis.
Experience with building reusable design systems and establishing a brand/product libraries for future use.
YOU WILL ALSO
- Be able to self manage, and work through your assigned tasks with minimal support.
- Liaise with other department and stakeholder throughout the product life cycle.
- Be comfortable tutoring and supporting other members of the team.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, effectively prioritise and deliver to a high standard.
COMPANY AND WORKING CULTURE
You will be working at our European HQ, based in Liverpool City Centre, the environment is fast paced and dynamic, your colleagues will be people from all over the continent, reflecting our business reach across Europe.
Our team value a desire to maintain up-to-date knowledge and standards. The ideal candidate will be interested in UX/Design and Development theory, and they will be eager to share their knowledge with the team.